Assistant Preschool Teacher
Children of Christ Preschool, Christ the King Lutheran Church
Education-Teaching/Admin | Part Time | Onsite | Altoona
Christ the King Lutheran Church in Altoona, Iowa, is seeking an Assistant Preschool Teacher for their Children of Christ Preschool. Current morning preschool session includes M/Tu/W/Th from 8:45 AM to 11:30 AM with employee report time of 8:15AM for before school prep.
The assistant preschool teacher coordinates with the Lead Teacher to implement a Christ-centered curriculum for the students. The preschool teacher helps in the classroom, maintains effective communication with preschool families, and supports the opportunities that benefit the ministry of the preschool and mission of the church.
Deadline to Apply 2/29/24
600 First Avenue North
Essential Job Functions
• Display Christ‐centeredness in daily work with students, parents, staff, and all who participate in the school’s community.
• Exhibit God’s love in approach to teaching and engaging with or working with staff, students, and families.
• Assist teacher with the preparation of projects, lessons, developmentally appropriate activities, and facilitating indoor and outdoor play.
• Work with individual and small groups of young children.
• Supervises/monitors the students at all times.
• Assist the teacher with keeping accurate records, including attendance.
• Assist the teacher with maintaining family partnerships and encouraging family participation within the classroom.
• Assume the role of leadership in the absence of the teacher, if needed.
• Maintain a clean, safe, and stimulating developmentally appropriate environment.
• Ensure that there is a caring and safe learning environment for the students.
• Ensure that school grounds, classrooms, and office areas are clean, attractive, and inviting.
• Monitor the safety of students and facilities.
Other Formal Training
• Successful completion of:
• Iowa Records Check (Criminal, child abuse and sex offender registry)
• National FBI fingerprint check
• Mandatory Reporter training
• Universal Precautions training
• First Aid training
• CPR for adult and child training
• Essentials Preservice Series training
• Up to six (6) hrs of State of Iowa required and Board of Education approved training will be paid per year.
o Most training will be completed online and at your scheduling convenience. Some state requirements will need to be scheduled together with the Preschool Director, such as CPR training.
• Full reimbursement for the required initial physical and subsequent physicals at three (3) year intervals will be paid.
Salary: $15.00/hour, up to 20 hours per week, unless prearranged with Preschool Director. Hours are also determined based on student enrollment.
Hours Per Day: Four (4) hours per scheduled day (Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesday, and Thursdays) or per each day substituting, with additional hours for Continuing Education requirements, Christmas/Spring programs, mid-year conferences, if Preschool Director deems necessary for Teacher’s Assistant to be in attendance, etc.
Paid Time Off - PTO (Sick/Personal/Holiday): Two allotted PTO days and Paid holidays of in-session hours include Thanksgiving, Day After Thanksgiving, Christmas break-New Years, and Spring Break.