News and Media Sources for an Insider’s Look at DSM
It doesn’t matter where you live in the U.S., when you become a part of a community, you want to know what’s happening in that community, including the latest news coverage and upcoming local events. By knowing the stories of small business owners, high school, college and minor league sports teams and athletes, annual festivals and community developments, you can tap into a network that increases your civic engagement, volunteerism and relationships, be it business or personal.
Do you have a young family and want to keep children active and entertained? Or maybe you’ve got a teenager who is looking for part-time work or opportunities in the arts — there are so many options for middle and high schoolers in DSM! Are you looking to mingle with others who share your recreational or artistic interests? If you’re looking for a way to keep tabs on the pulse of DSM, check out these local news publications, podcasts and more around Des Moines!
Newspapers and Magazines in Greater Des Moines
- Cityview Magazine – DSM news and entertainment magazine
- Des Moines Register – Des Moines and Iowa newspaper
- dsm – arts and culture magazine for DSM
- Iowa Living – monthly magazines for 15 Iowa communities, including Adel, Altoona, Ankeny, Bondurant, Grimes/Dallas Center, Indianola, Johnston, Jordan Creek, North Polk, Norwalk, Urbandale, Waukee, Winterset
- Welcome Home Des Moines – premier life and home magazine for DSM
Digital News and Resources
Business and Tech News
- Des Moines Mom – parenting resource for moms and families in DSM
- Des Moines Parent – information and stories for families in DSM, Iowa and the Midwest
- DSM4Kids – a guide to kid- and family-friendly activities around Des Moines
Diverse Media Outlets
Radio Stations Around Des Moines
Des Moines Radio Group Stations
Raccoon River Valley Stations
Other Radio Stations
TV Stations Covering Des Moines News
Greater Des Moines (DSM) is consistently named a top place to live and work and has earned bragging rights as the #1 mid-sized city for Millennials. Do something greater and see what all the buzz is about!
Learn More & Connect